Buy to let mortgages for first time buyers
Even if you do not already own a rental property or a home of your own, you may be able to get a buy to let mortgage. First time buyer products are offered by many lenders, who will consider purchase applications from first time buyers in a number of circumstances:
- You are applying jointly with an experienced landlord
- You have managed a mortgage in the past
- You earn at least £25,000 per year and have a good credit score
New purchase buy to let mortgages for experienced landlords
We can also help existing landlords who would like to purchase second or subsequent rental properties. Experienced landlords may be able to qualify for many of the mortgages we can access, even if they don’t own their own home.
Here are some of the circumstances in which me may still be able to help experienced landlords:
- Low income: Landlords with any verifiable income, who own their own home, who have been self-employed for at least 12 months or who have let property for at least 6 months may be able to qualify.
- Low rental income: Even if your rental income is insufficient to meet most lenders’ requirements, it is possible to find lenders who will accept a lower rental cover in certain cases.
- Do not meet standard age criteria: Some lenders will lend to borrowers as young as 18, and some impose no maximum age limit, instead assessing each application on a case-by-case basis.
- Credit rating: The age and severity of some credit issues, such as arrears, bankruptcies, CCJs, defaults and IVAs, will be taken into account by some lenders, and not all credit issues will prevent applicants from getting a mortgage outright.
- Council property: We can access lenders who will agree to fund ex-council and ex-local authority purchases.
Take the next step
Whether you are a seasoned landlord or making your very first new purchase, our advisor's will take full account of your circumstances and requirements, guiding you through every step of the process and helping you choose a product that’s right for you.
To find out how we can help you with your next buy to let purchase, call us on one of the numbers above or apply for a mortgage today.