85% LTV buy-to-let mortgages
The key benefit of 85% LTV buy-to-let mortgages is that they offer experienced UK landlords the maximum possible borrowing ratio currently on offer for rental property investment.
If you wish to buy property with a 15% deposit and you can demonstrate that you have landlord experience, talk to our advisors.
Not all lenders require landlord experience to secure a high LTV buy-to-let mortgages, if this applies to you, visit our 80% LTV product page.
85% LTV buy-to-let mortgage products
As an experienced landlord, we can discuss your eligibility to secure a buy-to-let mortgage with 15% deposit. We have included a selection of today's deals below (click through to the full comparison table to see all buy-to-let deals):
|Rate||Product||Monthly cost||LTV||Lender fee||APRC|
|4.39% then 6.33% Variable for 24 months||Variable for 24 months||£365||85%||£3,100||6.50%||Enquire|
|4.59% then 6.33% Fixed for 24 months||Fixed for 24 months||£382||85%||£3,100||6.50%||Enquire|
|4.74% then 6.33% Variable for 24 months||Variable for 24 months||£395||85%||£2,870||6.50%||Enquire|
|4.79% then 6.33% Fixed for 36 months||Fixed for 36 months||£399||85%||£3,100||6.40%||Enquire|
|4.99% then 6.33% Fixed for 60 months||Fixed for 60 months||£415||85%||£2,870||6.30%||Enquire|
|4.99% then 6.33% Fixed for 60 months||Fixed for 60 months||£415||85%||£3,100||6.30%||Enquire|
|5.19% then 6.33% Fixed for 24 months||Fixed for 24 months||£432||85%||£2,870||6.60%||Enquire|
|5.29% then 6.33% Fixed for 36 months||Fixed for 36 months||£440||85%||£2,870||6.50%||Enquire|
Important: Lender fee is calculated based on a loan amount of £100,000.
YOUR PROPERTY MAY BE REPOSSESSED IF YOU DO NOT KEEP UP REPAYMENTS ON A MORTGAGE.
Where lenders offer mortgages with no fees, our broker fee will apply. Details at foot of this page.
Table contains purchase and remortgage rates. Speak to us for a tailored recommendation.
Tactics for landlords investing at 85% LTV
- Invest in buy-to-let with a small lump sum: the most obvious solution for experienced landlords looking to buy their next property.
- Raise capital from your existing portfolio: 85% is the maximum loan available from any buy to let lender, these products allow you to leverage the highest amount possible from your existing property portfolio.
- Split a large amount of capital across multiple properties: an alternative to placing a large amount of capital in one property. The advantage of splitting capital across multiple properties comes from the protection it offers you from an over reliance on one property for rental income, and capital growth.
85% LTV buy-to-let mortgage criteria
In order to qualify for a mortgage using a 15% deposit, lenders will want you to meet the following mortgage criteria:
- Minimum loan size £100,000 at 85% LTV
- Loan term from 5 - 35 years
- Rate product illustrations are based on interest only payment terms, however, they are also available as repayment or part interest only/part repayment. Initial rate will revert to standard variable rate (SVR) at the end of the initial fixed rate term.
- Applicant status you cannot be a first time landlord; applicants must have at least one buy to let property. Credit check required by lender.
- Applicant age you must be 25 or over to apply and aged 75 or under before the end of the term (some exceptions considered if you are an experienced landlord)
- Applicant income no minimum income is required, documentation will be required to validate applicant’s income, identity and address.
- Portfolio no limit to number of properties or value of borrowing.
- Multi units considered, including more than one flat under one title.
- HMOs maximum number of beds is 8 as standard (some exceptions). Any relevant planning consents must be in place.
- Properties above commercial premises subject to assessment on a case by case basis.
- Fixed mortgage and interest only options available
The benefits of our service
You can expect to receive excellent customer service when you work with us.
- Discuss your needs and circumstances with an advisor
- Your advisor will identify the best way to achieve the objectives set
- If the product we identify is different to what you expected, we will explain why it offers you a better solution based on the brief you set us
Efficient, hassle-free mortgage completions
Once you have all the information you require to invest with confidence, your advisor will submit an application to the lender in question.
Your mortgage administrator will co-ordinate with you and all parties involved in completing the deal, handling as much of the work and hassle on your behalf as possible.
Our intention is building long lasting business relationships. We only charge a broker fee at completion of the mortgage, so our success is dependent on yours and we remain focussed on providing excellent customer service from advisor through to mortgage administrator.
Talk to our experienced brokers about buy-to-let
If you would like to discuss your eligibility for an 85% LTV buy-to-let mortgage, or apply right away, call us or enquire online and we will contact you as soon as possible.