85% LTV buy-to-let mortgages
|Rate||Product||Monthly cost||LTV||Lender fee||APR|
|4.74% then 6.33% Variable for 24 months||Variable for 24 months||£395||85%||£2,870||6.50%||Enquire|
|4.74% then 6.33% Variable for 24 months||Variable for 24 months||£395||85%||£3,100||6.50%||Enquire|
|5.19% then 6.33% Fixed for 24 months||Fixed for 24 months||£432||85%||£2,870||6.60%||Enquire|
|5.19% then 6.33% Fixed for 24 months||Fixed for 24 months||£432||85%||£3,100||6.60%||Enquire|
|5.29% then 6.33% Fixed for 36 months||Fixed for 36 months||£440||85%||£2,870||6.50%||Enquire|
|5.29% then 6.33% Fixed for 36 months||Fixed for 36 months||£440||85%||£3,100||6.60%||Enquire|
Important: Lender fee is calculated based on a loan amount of £100,000.
YOUR PROPERTY MAY BE REPOSSESSED IF YOU DO NOT KEEP UP REPAYMENTS ON A MORTGAGE.
Where lenders offer mortgages with no fees, our broker fee will apply. Details at foot of this page.
Table contains purchase and remortgage rates. Speak to us for a tailored recommendation.
Features and benefits of an 85% LTV buy-to-let mortgage
- Agreement in principle often within 2 hours
- Available on HMO properties
- Invest just 15% deposit
- Remortgage products available
- Fixed and variable rates available
15% deposit buy-to-let mortgage products are useful for two main investment strategies:
- If you have a small lump sum available for a deposit, you can still invest
- If you have a large lump sum which you wish to split across a number of low deposit investments, this is possible using these products
85% LTV mortgage for buy-to-let investors
In order to qualify for a mortgage using a 15% deposit banks and lenders will want you to meet the following
- Minimum loan size £75,000
- Loan term from 5 - 35 years
- Rate product illustrations are based on interest only payment terms, however, they are also available as repayment or part interest only/part repayment. Initial rate will revert to standard variable rate (SVR) at the end of the initial fixed rate term.
- Applicant status you cannot be a first time landlord; applicants must have at least one buy to let property. Credit check required by lender.
- Applicant age you must be 25 or over to apply and aged 75 or under before the end of the term.
- Applicant Income documentation will be required to validate applicant’s income, identity and address.
- Portfolio no limit to number of properties or value of borrowing.
- Multi units four flats considered under one title
- HMOs maximum number of beds is 8. Any relevant planning consents must be in place.
- Student Lets up to 8 bedrooms; Assured Shorthold Tenancies (ASTs) must be in place and the property occupied within 30 days of completion.
- Properties above commercial subject to assessment on a case by case basis.
- Fixed mortgage and interest only options available
Why landlords choose Commercial Trust for buy-to-let mortgages
- Comprehensive product search across a wide range of buy to let lenders
- In-house Mortgage Administration team for fast service
- 4-6 weeks to completion for remortgages
- 8-10 weeks to completion for purchases
- Fixed rate and interest only options to fit your monthly payment goals
- Specialist buy-to-let advisors
Our intention is building long lasting business relationships. We only charge a broker fee at completion of the mortgage, so our success is dependent on yours and we remain focussed on providing excellent customer service from advisor through to mortgage administrator.
Talk to an experienced broker about buy-to-let
If you would like to discuss your eligibility for an 85% LTV buy-to-let mortgage, or apply right away, call us or submit a quote request and our advisors will be happy to help you.
We are not connected to any buy to let insurance company and will not try to sell you this type of insurance.