Section 13(2) Form 4 - New rent (England)

If you wish to increase the rent that you charge your tenants, then you will need to issue them the correct notice in the prescribed format.

This form applies under section 13(2) of the 1988 Housing act and is required if you want to raise the monthly rent on your buy to let property. 

You may only do this once a year on an assured shorthold tenancy and may not raise the rent of a fixed term contract until that fixed term has expired.

Note: this notice is for landlords in England. For the Welsh Section 13(2) form 4D, click here.