Trainee / Experienced BTL and Commercial Mortgage Advisors
Reporting to: Buy to Let Sales Manager
Location: Norwich (city centre)
This is a sales role with a difference, based in central Norwich.
We are one of the UK’s leading buy-to-let mortgage, bridging loan and commercial mortgage brokerages, based in central Norwich. Our goal is to become the market leader in the UK by 2024.
So we are looking for BTL and Commercial Mortgage Advisors living in Norfolk or Suffolk to join our team and help continue our growth plans and achieve our goal to become the UK’s largest broker. We have an award winning team and we are looking for people who want to make an important contribution and develop a long term career with us.
What can we offer our Mortgage Advisors?
- Starting basic salary of £24,265 (trainee level) or £27,430 (qualified / experienced)
- Pay scale up to £59,080 per annum, depending on performance
- Company contributed pension of 8%;
- 25 days holidays with additional flexible options;
- Private medical health care;
- Death in service benefit.
What’s more there are plenty of opportunities for career progression as well. Each of our 5 sales managers started as a Mortgage Advisor and our Sales Director was advising just 7 years ago!
If you’re not CeMap qualified – don’t worry!
We’ll fund this for you because our view is that to provide the very best service you need to be professionally qualified. Commitment from you to pass this within six months is a must. On completion of the qualification and your initial training period your basic salary will increase to £27,430.
Sound good? This could be the career move for you so read on for more details.
What does the job of Mortgage Advisor look like?
Our service is entirely via telephone and online, (we don’t cold-call) so to be successful you need a confident telephone manner and the ability to instil trust in the clients you work with.
You will manage relationships with several clients through the day so you must be a competent multi-tasker who has strong organisational skills and be quick and accurate on a computer.
You must also have a keen attention to detail, as accuracy in the work that you will be doing is vital.
Our clients are professional landlords who expect the best and our business model is to deliver the best to them.
You will be recommending buy to let mortgage, commercial mortgage and bridging loan products to these landlords who visit our company website and enquire either online or by telephone. You will:
- Handle often-complex client queries on a day-to-day basis;
- Provide high-quality service to both internal/external clients;
- Establish rapport with internal/external clients and build lasting relationships;
- Carry out a variety of administrative tasks related to managing your client accounts;
- Explain and recommend solutions to clients that meet their meets;
- Meet sales targets and objectives as set by the firm;
- Comply with Financial Conduct Authority rules and regulations (this will be trained).
What are we looking for from our Mortgage Advisor?
It will certainly help if you have a background in sales or banking. It would also help if you have experience in front line sales and providing a world-class service. But none of this is essential.
Because most of all we are looking for people with great attitudes and great values. Thirty years of experience tells us that we can train most people to become a mortgage advisor but great advisors have our values in their souls and we cannot train that. Either you have it or you don’t. We want to recruit great advisors – not just any advisors.
Previous industry experience is not essential.
However if you are not currently CeMAP qualified you must be willing to study towards this professional qualification and you will be required to pass CeMAP 1, 2 and 3 within 6 months of your start date.
If you feel you are the right candidate for this role then please apply. We would love to hear from you!
To apply: please send your CV and covering message as to why you feel you should be considered. If you would like information in relation to how we process your data please click here.
Recruitment agencies: we will accept enquiries from applicants only.
What we look for from our people
- Honesty - We will only recommend a product that benefits the client
- Integrity - Our clients faith in our service should prevail throughout their business life and our advisors will strive to fulfil the demands their trust deserves
- Fairness - We will not recommend an unsuitable product to our clients for our financial gain
- Transparency - We are forthright and clear: no hidden costs, no surprise product terms
- Knowledge - Our employees are specialists and can often find solutions where others can't
- Dedication - Our employees work tirelessly on client cases to achieve the right outcome for our clients
- Commitment - We are not a transactional business, building a long term relationship with you means success for us both
- Passion - Our employees live and breathe our subject and strive to be world class in all that they do
- Efficient - We analyse the most effective route to hit client deadlines
- Professional - Our focus is on achieving a seamless path from application to completion
- Informed - Clients often have years of experience. Our insights and knowledge must go beyond that to add value - and they do
- Helpful - Our clients should expect to deal with diligent, courteous and friendly individuals when they work with us