Seal a great deal with this 1.32pc 2-year fixed buy-to-let!
- Published: Monday 13 November, 2017
- Category: BTL mortgages
- By: Andrew Pelis
- Updated: Thursday 11 January, 2018
Available on purchase or remortgage, this deal comes at a 60% loan to value and with free standard valuation. If you are looking to remortgage, take advantage of free legals too.
This lender will consider applications for student lettings; up to a maximum of four tenants on a single assured shorthold tenancy. Call us for more details.
Are you looking to become a landlord for the first time? This lender accepts applications from first time landlords, as long as you are an owner / occupier at the time of application.
This product is not suitable for expats, portfolio landlords or limited companies.
1.32% 2-year fixed buy-to-let at a 60% loan to value
|Product type||Initial rate||Max. Loan to Value||Product fee||*ERC's|
|2-year fixed||1.32%||60%||£2,495||For 2-years|
*Early Repayment Charge
YOUR PROPERTY MAY BE REPOSSESSED IF YOU DO NOT KEEP UP REPAYMENTS ON A MORTGAGE OR ANY OTHER DEBT SECURED ON IT.
In addition to standard property types, this lender will consider a variety of property types. These include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Former council or Ministry of Defence (MOD) houses and former work houses or flats (minimum value of flats, £90,000, no more than four storeys, no open deck access)
- Flats and maisonettes above commercial property and mixed use developments
- Flats in high-rise developments (where storeys exceed ten, further details will be required)
- 25 square metres minimum floor area for house or flat (many other lenders require at least 30 sq. m.)
- Listed buildings are accepted
The maximum number of applicants is four.
At least one applicant must be an owner occupier (with or without a mortgage).
No prior buy-to-let experience is required, but at least one applicant must be an owner occupier at the point of application.
The minimum applicant age is 21 years old, the maximum age is 80 years old at the end of the mortgage term.
All applicants must be UK residents.
Foreign nationals must be able to provide evidence that they have the right to live and work in the UK. The lender will be looking for evidence of your credit score and employment, usually extending over a history of at least three years.
The property has to be in a good state of repair and the lender will consider properties where redecoration work is required.
The lender will need to be sure that you can fund not only the deposit but also the costs of any minor repairs.
The property must be lettable within 60 days, and be suitable for resale within the owner occupier market.
The lender will assess your ability to repay your buy to let mortgage based on the rental income of your property (which must be received in British Pounds).
The rental income must be at least 145% of the monthly interest due inclusive of any product fees added to the loan. This is calculated using an assumed interest rate of 5.5% to cover the eventuality that interest rates might increase in the future.
This product is available for properties in England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland. Different criteria on tenancies is applicable in different countries, as follows:
- For England and Wales an Assured Shorthold Tenancy (AST).
- In Scotland a Shorthold Assured Tenancy (AST).
- In Northern Ireland, a Protected Shorthold Agreement or Uncontrolled letting.
There can by up to four tenants on a single AST (or its equivalent).
Company and housing association lets may also be considered, but the lender has to approve the tenancy agreements. Call us for more details.
Mortgage term and loan details:
- Term: The minimum mortgage terms is 5 years, the maximum term is 35 years.
- Property value: The minimum property value is £60,000 (£40,000 for properties located in Northern Ireland).
- Loan size: Minimum loan size £25,001, maximum loan is £500,000 per property for purchases and remortgages.
This information should not be interpreted as financial advice. Mortgage and loan rates are subject to change.