Alan Boswell Group – insurance for landlords
Alan Boswell Insurance Brokers is one of the UK’s leading independent brokers of business, landlord and personal insurance. Alan Boswell Group is headquartered in Norwich and also has offices in Attleborough, Bury St Edmunds, London and Peterborough, with over 200 staff in total.
- Competitive rates
- Comprehensive cover
- Award-winning customer service
Alan Boswell was named Insurance Times’ Independent Broker of the Year in 2015, and general supplier of the year at the 2013–14 and 2014–15 Landlord and Letting awards. They are Chartered Insurance Brokers and members of the British Insurance Brokers Association (BIBA).
Call Alan Boswell on 01603 649749 to arrange cover
Many types of landlord insurance available
- Rent guarantee insurance: guaranteed rental payments when your tenant falls into arrears
- Home emergency insurance: remedial service in the event of boiler breakdowns, burst pipes, drainage and plumbing issues, electrical and gas problems, infestations and more
- Legal expenses insurance: remittance for legal expenses incurred during tenant disputes and eviction proceedings
Buildings cover tailored for buy to let properties
Standard home insurance is not suitable for rented properties. Alan Boswell can negotiate competitive rates that provide:
- Cover against damage to or material loss of the property or landlord’s contents
- Tenants in receipt of housing benefit and students covered at no extra charge
- Remittance for tenant rehousing costs or loss of rent following insured damage
- Property owner’s liability and employer’s liability cover
- Conditional unoccupied property cover for up to 90 days between tenancies or 60 days from policy commencement
- Cover for malicious damage by your tenant
Discounted policy for landlords’ own residence
Alan Boswell Group has deals in place with a number of insurance providers and can negotiate discounts on residential buildings insurance for a landlord’s own personal residence if the customer already holds a landlord insurance policy through the company.
Existing customers can benefit from up to 30% off specialised cover for:
- Buildings, contents and personal possessions (worldwide), family legal expenses and home emergencies
- Antiques, fine art, guns, jewellery, valuables and watches
- Annual travel and identity fraud cover
- Holiday, overseas and second homes
- Caravans, classic and private cars, equestrian items such as horseboxes and trailers, family motor fleets and pleasure craft
Contents cover for your tenants
Flexible, bespoke contents cover is also available to your tenants, who can benefit from protection against:
- Damage to, loss or theft of personal belongings not covered by your landlord insurance policy
- Accidental damage to audio and video equipment and computers, compensation claims (personal liability cover), damage to landlord’s fixtures and fittings, loss of freezer contents, damage to or loss or theft of garden contents, loss of money or credit cards and theft of outbuilding contents
- Optional cover for accidental damage, legal expenses, pedal bicycles and portable items taken out of the home
Collective cover for property portfolios
Alan Boswell Group offers a compelling proposition to landlords who wish to insure a portfolio of more than one property.
- Discounted policy rates for multiple properties
- Ease of administration with a single policy number and renewal date
- Personal service from a dedicated account manager
Flexible cover with first-rate features
- Competitive rates that vary by the policyholder’s occupation, postcode, property type and tenant demographic
- Automatic cover for both accidental and malicious damage, use of the property as a cannabis farm and unfurnished property contents (carpets, curtains and white goods)
- Empty properties: cover for up to 90 days between tenancies or 60 days from policy commencement
- Commercial insurance for office blocks and retail units
- UK-based claims team
- Personal service during the claims process, with Alan Boswell acting as a single point of contact between the policyholder and third parties such as loss adjustors
Call Alan Boswell on 01603 649749 for more information on the cover available.
This information should not be interpreted as financial advice. Buy to let mortgage rates are subject to change. Speak to our advisors for a mortgage illustration. Seek tax advice from a professional.